Monday, September 29, 2008
"Six Quirks of Natalie Pelfrey" Tag
Please, if you are my friend, remain my friend after reading this. If you are in my family, there is nothing you can do about it. I have so many darn quirks its hard to choose six, but I will try to share the ones that my husband probably considers the most odd.
1. Top sheet? No thank you. I never, ever sleep with a top sheet. They are incredibly uncomfortable, scratchy and cold. I do, and have for about 18 years, slept with the blanket that my Gramma Dearden made for me. Is it big enough for Eric? No. He has to fend for himself.
2. Disgust of dishrags. Dishrags stink, smell, odorize my home and make me ill. After I touch them, my hands smell nasty for hours afterward. How do I wipe my counters, etc? Sanitizing wipes. Thank you modern conveniences.
3. Crossword Adoration. I would pretty much prefer to sit down and do a crossword to anything else. I have a huge omnibus of Sunday-sized ones and they keep me busy. If Ethan takes a nap or Eric is watching a game I bust out my CW book.
4. Cheap, cheap, cheap. I am cheap, what more can I say? I don't remember the last time I didn't buy the cheapest thing available in the selection. This is very rarely not the case. The only shoes I own are from Good Will. I do not spend more than $3.50 on a shirt. My kid plays with hangers and rocks. GreatValue and generic brands are my friend. I'm just a dadgum tightwad I guess! (My husband tries to balance me out.)
5. Fingernail Freak. My nails are nothing to write home about, but if one of them gets a snag, I can't cope. I always have a file with me. If I don't, I pretty much chew the whole thing off. Bleck!!
6. Newspaper Refusal. I will not touch newspapers because they get my hands black. Its disgusting. Plus I think they are a waste of trees and setup for paper cuts. Eric just started getting the Wall Street Journal...this will take some getting used to. Just as long as I never have to pick it up and it gets recycled....
Like I say, if these aforementioned items happen to distress you, please try to forget about them. I don't think they will cause any of you harm, but let me know if they do. Also, if you have stuck with it and read this, consider yourself tagged. That means YOU, Darrell, Loralee, Camille, Shark, and all my other blogging chums!