Thursday, December 2, 2010

Birthday Boys

Eric hit 29 years of age on November 16th and Ethan hit the ripe ol' age of 4 on December 1st. Both joyous occasions were celebrated with cake, ice cream, gifts and our cute little family. I think it was more of a shock to me this year that I have a 4 year old than that my husband is almost 30. I remember telling my mother in law when Eth was a newborn that I couldn't imagine him getting any older than 3. It remains true! Year 2 and 3 seemed like no big deal. Four?! My kid is, well, a big boy! I started remembering my life around 4. I started remembering my mom around 4. And my mom was a lot more mature in those memories than I am now! Yikes!
As for Eric and nearly being 30...well, I always thought 30 was pretty darn old. Now? I'm not so sure. Thankfully, I personally, am nowhere near 30...tee hee...

5 comments:

Stefani said...

great post! and yummy looking cake!

Kristen said...

so cute! BTW I am nowhere near 30 either-ha!

Marian said...

I hope you had a happy birthday Ethen! I love that huge plate of ice cream for Ethen, and even more, I love the look of joy on his face!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Eth! We miss you

The Piercys said...

Looks like it was a fun party. I totally agree! I am struggling that Jack is going to be four as well. I think I will die when he turns five! Hope you guys are doing well. Give me a ring if you guys are going to be around for the Holidays.