Friday, May 15, 2009

Everybody's Been

I had a thought yesterday while I was chomping down on some chicken McNuggets with Ethan. It is this: everybody has been to McDonalds. Everybody's been. We've all had a McChicken sandwich or Mickey D's fries or a McDouble, or whatever. Everyone has gone through the drive through and ordered a parfait or two apple pies or whatever. It's not like you hear somebody talking about taking their kids to McDonalds and you're like, "Hmmm. McDonalds? I've never eaten there...is it a chain?" Uh, yeah, try any freeway exit in the United States of America. Even if you don't currently like McDonalds, it isn't like you've never eaten there. Think back to your childhood. You parents surely took you there when you were little! Heck, even if your parents didn't, somebody's must have. If you've ever been on a school road trip and had to stop for fast food...if you've grown up in a place other than the Central African Republic, you've tasted a Big Mac. Celebrities, homeless people, business men, hairdressers, housewives, Sting, you name it... I dare anyone who reads this post to tell me that you've NEVER eaten at McD's. Betcha can't do it!
(Oh, and here's a plug for the strawberry sundae...try it instead of chocolate)

5 comments:

Janet said...

you're right... i can't count the number of times i've been... nor my kids for that matter!

Kristen said...

You're funny! I've eaten there PLENTY of times and my kids always want to go back for more. Ask my parents if thier friends in Nigeria ever ate at McDonalds. Some had never heard of Micky Mouse---unreal!

Stefani said...

This is awesome! So true! I haven't eaten there for ages, but there was a time in my life that I frequented that place every day (when I was pregnant with Afton they were having their deal on a bacon, double cheese burger, YUM!:)

And it's ok if you haven't heard of Micky Mouse, just as long as you've heard of Mickey D's, lol

Kirsti said...

How strictly do you mean eating "at" McDonald's? Joseph and I once ate a sack lunch (packed ourselves at home) in a McD's restaurant, and I suspect that may be the closest Joseph has ever come to eating there. As I recal, we even had our own bottled water.

Loralee said...

So true!