Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dallas, Texas


We finally arrived in the Big D for Eric's law internship. We drove from Durham with the kiddies, stopping practically every hour...it took awhile. On the whole though, he kids were good and we got to see some absolutely beautiful deep southern country. We also took it upon ourselves to eat at the Cracker Barrel, since there was one on every exit. Yum, yum! Our apt here that we are subletting is a pretty darn nice place (we got a deal, hee hee) close to downtown and to the building Eric will be working in for 10 weeks. Tonight we took a drive around the city. It seems like a neato place. I wonder if we'll end up here...

6 comments:

Kristen said...

can't wait to hear how you like it there. Sounds good so far.... Happy Mother's Day!

Stefani said...

Yay for you guys! I can't say I loved Dallas when I was there... but I was lost 90% of the time and that never happens... it was very disconcerting. But I did see "the grassy knoll" about 100 times, LOL. For some reason we always ended up there, weird. The picture looks cool and I hope it works out for you. Best of luck.

Loralee said...

I wonder that myself sometimes... we could me neighbors!

Ariel said...

Oh boy, you're so close now! Wanna come down and see Houston?

The Shark said...

Dallas = BORING. But maybe you can go kick some of my inactive converts in the butts, yes? :)

Don't waste your time with Cracker Barrell. Dallas has soooo much better food to offer. To name a few:

-Black-Eyed Pea is alright
-Dickey's BBQ (restaurant chain)
-Goff's (burger joint)
-Blue Bell ice cream (in most grocery stores -- I recommend any vanilla-based flavor as well as cheesecake chimichanga)
-Almost any Mexican restaurant you see down there is pretty awesome... Monterrey's is one. I believe it's near zip code 75214 area...
-Paletas from a paletero (they're the guys pushing the carts around, ringing the bells). Try the rice (or "arroz") flavored one. I know that sounds weird, but trust me, it's awesome. Also the watermelon (or "sandia").
-I'll come up with some more for you. I want to come visit with Darrell. Can I can I can I????

Janet said...

welcome to texas!