Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lovin' on Libby




One of the serious worries I have right now is that Ethan will maul the dickens out of Libby. Too many hugs, kisses and loving gestures. "Killing with kindness" as my pediatrician put it. Thank heaven Eric is still on break from school so he can hold Ethan at bay. It really is cute to watch him react to her most of the time. "Baby sister, BIG hug, mommy!" (Aghhhhh!!) "No, Ethan, babies just get little tiny hugs!" and "Mommy, tiny little eyes!" (Aghhhh!!) "Yes, Ethan, she has very tiny eyes, but we don't touch them, okay?!"
My favorite Ethan quote so far regarding Libby happened at the hospital. He wanted to hold her one more time before he went home with daddy for the night. After he'd been holding her for about .11 seconds he said, gesturing to the clear baby holder thing, "Put it away!" I'm thinking--we'll put it away for now, but this thing is comin' home with us tomorrow!
Ha ha ha...(tired laugh)...such is motherhood...
Libby remains the sweetest and most gorgeous baby alive!

6 comments:

Carson and Camille said...

She is beautiful!

Stefani said...

I'm glad you wrote these cute things down. Just precious! And that outfit! Aaaaaaaaa!

Jani said...

That is the cutest little outfit. You have such a cute family.

Loralee said...

We get back tonight so I'm hoping for some Libby lovin' myself tomorrow!

Janet said...

totally love the ethan quote!! :) both your kids are dolls!

Jenn said...

She is so adorable and so is Ethan! Congrats! Isn't having two kids crazy? I can barely keep up these days.