Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Benefits of Apartment Living

Recently I've been feeling a bit crowded in our apartment and have started anxiously awaiting the day when I can have my own house. However, yesterday I realized there are a few benefits to apartment living.
My dishwasher started sounding awfully weird and I realized that it wasn't washing my dishes very well. So I called up the apartment office and put in a maintenance request. Early (but not too early) the next morning the fix it guy shows up, diagnoses the problem, leaves for a few minutes and comes back with a new dishwasher. He installs it in a matter of minutes and leaves. I now have a new dishwasher...free of any money or elbow grease. Benefits of renting...right there!

3 comments:

Stefani said...

I think about that every now and again when we are either forking out the big bucks or dying over some annoying project, or most likely just letting it sit undone FOREVER! I'm glad you can look at the bright side and make all us homeowners sick with renters envy.

Shannon B said...

I would say so! OUr dishwasher just died and we had to wait 1 month before they could deliver it, AND we had to install it (which took a good few hours b/c we don't know what we are doing) AND it set us back $350. SO YES, there are GREAT advantages of apt life. Enjoy it while ya have it! :)

Michelle Hayes said...

haha..thats awesome. one non benefit to living in an apartment though is the fact that I dont even have a dishwasher...